Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity will not work if JACK is running.

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 02:10:08 EET

On Sunday 05 March 2006 15:38, Balbinder Dobe wrote:
> I did
>
> apt-get install rezound
>
> and I still do nto have an icon to open rezound.
>
> However, I am able to open it from the treminal but I
> can nto play anything. This is the messages that I
> got :
> using path '/usr/share/rezound' for share data
> directory
> 'lame' executable not found in $PATH -- mp3 support
> will be disabled
> If rezound dies unexpectedly while seeking with the
> keyboard, auto-repeat may be disabled.. if this
> happens run 'rezound --fix-auto-repeat'
> cannot write to working directory candidate:
> /mnt/sdb6/Projects/Elliman/Stranger -- Permission
> denied
> Segmentation fault
>
> What does this mean?
>
> --- Bal Dobe <baldobe2000@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Brian, I tried to install ReZound but I can not. I
> > did it through
> > synaptic but I do not have a menu item for ReZound.

Hi Bal. I've just put Rezound on FC2 to try and help, and it looks pretty
good. A lot of apps don't turn up on the menu, but if you've installed with
apt-get, or aptitude, you should find the binary for it in /usr/bin, and the
icon for it is in /usr/share/resound. With Gnome, just right click on the
destop, and choose, "Create Launcher". Fill in the name "Rezound", browse
to /usr/bin/rezound to enter the command to start it, and click on the "No
Icon" box, and browse to /usr/share/rezound, and choose the icon for it. Job
done.

I do get an error box when starting it, but closing this then opens up the
Rezound GUI. I tried a .wav file in it and it works ok, but am not sure if
the error is a problem. According to the intro to it, it is still beta, so
you should perhaps expect the odd problem. Nigel.