Re: [linux-audio-user] agnula/demudi unable to acces the internet.

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 15:21:06 EET

Bal Dobe wrote:
> Tim
>
> Maybe I am mistaken about using PPPoE, but that is what my router manual
> suggests should be my settings.
>
> I believe that demudi is not even able to see the router, which is
> connected via one of the network ports.
>
> How can I check to see what the other distros are doing?

Bal, the questions you are asking go beyond the specific expertise of
certainly me, and to an extent this list. I'm not saying don't ask, just
that you sound like you need some intensive hand-holding in order to get
started, first you need to train yourself up to ask questions in a way
that will get you the answers you need. The problems you are facing are
really similar to what I had to do when I first started using Linux,
many of them, once you've figured them out, you will probably thankfully
forget. I'm like this with PPP - Nowadays I will do anything I have to,
including buying a different modem, to avoid having to configure PPP.
However, the fact that your other three installs work out of the box,
makes me think that a normal network connection should work - I don't
know how to check for these things properly - If a window opens up in
gkrellm, I assume its working. ;]

I found my local Linux Users Group very handy for these sort of problems
- eth0/ppp configuration is very similar in all Linux distros.

The first two links here were essential for me to understand how to get
the best results out of mailing lists and the software you have
installed for troubleshooting purposes.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference

http://wiki.debian.org/
http://www.linux.org/

And for A/DeMuDi specific questions, of course there is
users@email-addr-hidden - although you will probably get repeats of the
same answers that you just got here, but if you really think you have
hit a bug that would be the right place to mention it.

Sorry, I can't be any more immediate help on this subject, good luck!

cheers,

tim hall
/|\