[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Music distribution in the internet age - I'm confused.

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 15:50:38 EET

> I would gladly "tip" for all the software that I use on my machines.
> Especially for LMMS, Hydrogen, MuSE, Ardour, Jack, Zynaddsubfx, Timemachine,
> Linux-kernel, KDE etc.

Exactly what I've been thinking about. I also think we need a way to
reward people who are making libraries, compilers, kernel patches, the
kernel itself as you mention... And then reward them FIRST.

A tool could be written to analyse the computer's contents, and then
make a list of intelligent default percentages for a given donation.
Which then could be customized on a scale of 'use every day' and
'installed just for testing'. Library donations would be adjusted
accordingly. This tool would have to actually scan for software and run
independantly of packaging systems.

It could be coupled with this site:

http://donorge.org/

Heh :) Thanks for adding to the mental effort.

Carlo