[linux-audio-user] Re: Aligning audiofiles for different recorders.

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 17:05:58 EET

2006/3/7, R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>:
> two wireless lavs
> two channels of compression
> one very small mixer
> one small recording device

Why the mixer?

For preamping? That would be before the compressor.
For mixing? If the recorder has two channels its better to record both
mics to separate channels and mix later. Even the compression could be
done later if the recorder has a good input amp and enough (digital)
headroom for low-level recordings...

In my current situation I would connect two (wireless) lavs directly
to my tascam-usb-interface and record with timemachine or something
similar and mix/compress later on.

My 0.002€...

Arnold

--