Re: [linux-audio-user] DVD-Audio

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 22:41:16 EET

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:20:34AM -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> I have one DVD-Audio disc. It only plays in audiophile DVD players
> that specificly advertise that they play DVD-Audio. It isn't
> recognized by computer DVD drives, nor by consumer DVD players.

As a counter-sample, my sole DVD-Audio disk will play in consumer DVD
players as a DVD-Video disk showing a tracklist menu while playing AC3
encoded music. While I have a DVD-Audio player in my office, I only
have the digital outputs hooked up (feeding into a Dolby E encoder), and
when playing DVD-Audio disks, it only uses the analog outputs, so I can
only use this disk in the non-DVD-Audio player.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd@email-addr-hidden