Re: [linux-audio-user] missing MIDI port

From: Ruben Lopez <rl1205@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 10:24:39 EET

Sorry for the delayed response.

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:43:01 -0500, Lee Revell was like:
> On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 21:30 -0800, Ruben Lopez wrote:
>
>> I have an onboard sound card with a game port. JACK identifies
>> the card as a "C-Media PCI" card. I want to use the game port for
>> my MIDI keyboard, but I'm not sure if JACK is seeing it. I have 2
>> Delta 1010 cards installed, and JACK shows their MIDI ports, but
>> the only other MIDI port that shows in JACK is called "Midi
>> Through", which doesn't appear to be from the onboard C-Media
>> card, and I get no MIDI signal in Qsynth when I connect it. The
>> card is enabled in the BIOS. Does anyone know how do I get this
>> working?
>>
> modprobe snd-mpu401

I believe that the correct module for this C-Media card "snd-cmipci" which is loaded. However, midi still will not work thru the game port, and there is no midi port for this card that shows up in JACK. I've pretty much given up on getting this to work.

Ruben

Debian Etch 2.6.15-1
Ardour 0.99-3+b1
AMD Athlon XP 2000