[linux-audio-user] alternative way of streaming from jack to another computer?

From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 02:39:40 EET

While we are waiting for the finishing touches to be put to netjack, I am
looking for a way to stream audio from jack to another computer.

The computer is an early G3 powerbook running Mac OS 10.3, which I often use
to run remote X11 apps from my (relatively) fancy linux box when I'm in the
wrong part of the house. I simply want to be able to receive audio from jack
on the linux box so I can hear what I am doing. This is for rough work and
general noodling, so latency is not a big issue. Nor is getting 32 bit 5
channel 48kHz with extra fancy bass, because that would be kind of lost on
this particular powerbook.

I suspect it may be something fairly simple that I need, something that may
have been talked about several times before on this list. If so, sorry about
that. I haven't managed to follow many threads in the last few months because
of life and stuff.

Many thanks
Robert

--