[linux-audio-user] Re: Making music a product

From: Maluvia <terakuma@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 22:18:34 EET

>I personally am not about to take part in any movement that makes
>suggestions as to what the message of my music should be (if it
>has lyrics at all.) The first few songs of mine that will
>finally be releasable in the foreseeable future have themes like
>"we exploit those less powerful than us because it feels good",
>"I see you're trying to defeat me; go ahead, people are
>watching" and "I'm trying to make you happy so bear with me
>while I neglect you". Not exactly material for holding lighters
>aloft and crying out power to the people. But I write it this
>way because I like it this way, and I'll release it on the web
>for nothing when it's done just as I've released it when it's
>not done in the past, movement or no movement.
>
>I don't really shoot for positive or negative sentiments in my
>stuff, and I'd rather swear off making music for the rest of my
>life than commit to including or not including someone else's
>messages in it.
>
>But go ahead, knock yourself out.
>
>Rob

Whooooah! Loooook-out! Rob comes out swinging!
It's a one-round knock-out! LOL
I'm with ya, guy - Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!

Just for clarification:
I believe Carlo's intent was to discuss things that *could* be done with
music - not what *should* or *must* be done.
We've all got a choice.

(Be ye of the fighting Irish by any chance?) :)

- M
(Too scared to type my whole name.)