[linux-audio-user] Re: Making music a product

From: Maluvia <terakuma@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 00:48:40 EET

>> Just for clarification:
>> I believe Carlo's intent was to discuss things that *could* be
>> done with music - not what *should* or *must* be done.
>
>That could be what he meant, but what he said was,
>
>> so it appears that music that is made to be traded for shelter
>> and clothing ought to contain messages that let the receiver
>> be able to produce more shelter and clothing.
>
>"Ought to" and "should" are really synonymous.

Yes - but it was in the context of how might one create music that would
facilitate a particular desired result.
'Ought to' in this sense meaning "it would probably work best if . . . " -
to bring about this particular result.

>> (Be ye of the fighting Irish by any chance?) :)
>
>Only half ;)

I *knew it*!
That was a rare fine display of Celtic fire if I ever saw one.
The most sure way to raise a Celt's ire is to tell them they either *can't*
or *must* do something - guaranteed way to get their dander up.
(I should know - being mostly Scot, with a good splash of Welsh to go along
with it.)

Cheers,
Maluvia