Re: [linux-audio-user] Maya 44USB Audiotrak soundcard setup

From: Hiram Abiff <domain.admin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 00:49:16 EET

Quoting Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>:

> Hallo,
> Hiram Abiff hat gesagt: // Hiram Abiff wrote:
>
>> I tried setting the buffer to 3 but I still get the same error messages.
>>
>> What else could I do, please advise.
>
> Does "aplay -D plughw:1 some.wav" work?

Nope. It says:

Playing WAVE
'/home/hiram/mp3/egoboobits/AeSqe__pinhead_ost_07_mother.wav' : Signed
24 bit Little Endian in 3bytes, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
aplay: set_params:935: Unable to install hw params:
ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S24_3LE
SUBFORMAT: STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 24
FRAME_BITS: 48
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (125011 125012)
PERIOD_SIZE: 5513
PERIOD_BYTES: 33078
PERIODS: (3 4)
BUFFER_TIME: 500000
BUFFER_SIZE: 22050
BUFFER_BYTES: 132300
TICK_TIME: 1000

> What ybout "jackd -d alsa -d plughw:1"?

Negative, chief. The ALSA software "plug" layer doesn't work.
Whatever that is. jackd says:

creating alsa driver ...
plughw:1|plughw:1|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:1
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
You appear to be using the ALSA software "plug" layer, probably
a result of using the "default" ALSA device. This is less
efficient than it could be. Consider using a hardware device
instead rather than using the plug layer. Usually the name of the
hardware device that corresponds to the first soun
nperiods = 2 for capture
You appear to be using the ALSA software "plug" layer, probably
a result of using the "default" ALSA device. This is less
efficient than it could be. Consider using a hardware device
instead rather than using the plug layer. Usually the name of the
hardware device that corresponds to the first soun
nperiods = 2 for playback
ALSA: cannot set hardware parameters for playback
ALSA: cannot configure playback channel
cannot load driver module alsa
no message buffer overruns

> Ciao