Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: POLL: Marketing Free Music

From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 07:37:33 EET

On Saturday 11 March 2006 10:50, R Parker wrote:
>> >anyone had a look to http://www.jamendo.com ?

I finally got thru my firewall with azureus, but I'm puzzled as to how
it actually works so let me see if my detective in me is on the right
trail here.

1. It apparently allocates the full file size for each .ogg in the
download 'album' selected immediately. However, I can't see a progress
number thats anything but 0.0% for either down or up, and when I look
at the files, even a sub 1k text file, its all been zero filled. I do
see traffic from the network ok, so am I to assume that this is a 100%
random access file transfer method, getting a kilobyte of it here, and
another there until finally all the pieces of the puzzle are complete?

2. On the "my torrents" screen, the H entry is a red frownie, and the
estimated eta is an infinity sign.

Is there anybody fam enough with Azureus to shine some light on this?
It makes me nervous to see all that traffic and no results.

3. Also, none of the highlighted links in the help pulldown result in
any action whatsoever. Rather hard to fathom when theres no link to
the wiki or ??

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene