Re: [linux-audio-user] Maya 44USB Audiotrak soundcard setup

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 23:07:46 EET

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 21:27 +0000, Markus Herhoffer wrote:

> I have the same output with the Maya USB. It's all right with that:
>
> >usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 4
> >usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
> >HID device not claimed by input or hiddev
>
> Can you try:
> # cat /dev/urandom > /dev/dsp
> (Turn down the volume of your speakers and abort with Ctrl+C very quickly)
>
> This should produce a white noise completly independent from alsa. If
> you hear the noise you can be shure that there's all right on the device
> layer.

This doscussion should really move to the ALSA lists, it's clearly a
driver bug. It's possible that the vendor changed the device in an
incompatible way (would not be the first time).

BTW Markus, your public key is invalid - I can't find it in the MIT key
server, the only one that comes up for you is 0x159D79D1 which expired.

Lee