[linux-audio-user] looking for a sampler

From: Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 06:10:45 EET

Hi,

I was wondering what are you people using as a sampler in Linux. It is a
little bit sad that two of the very promising projects are stopped:
Specimen and Chionic ( http://www.reduz.com.ar/chionic/ ). LinuxSampler
is an excellent project but it seems that, for now, you are limited to
using giga sampler format and what I'm looking for is a sampler were you
can create your own patches from audio files and map them to a keyboard.
AFAIK there are no ways in Linux for making giga sampler banks. I was
checking LMMS and the sampler seems to be very limited as it doesn't
allow you to map samples to keyboard regions... Is there any solution
(beside Csound and PD) for creating your own sample patches with
amplitude envelopes and keyboard mapping?

Thanks!

Hector.