Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: dj-ing hardware under Linux

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 07:22:59 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>>> Part of the specs require adding midi cc support to jackEQ.

For those who might be interested I have successfully tested 4 tracks
streaming from a usb flash drive at a buffer of 128 with jackeq, 4
alsaplayers and jackrack running at the same time while also using a
multi channel usb soundcard. It was stable and the sound was clear.

I wasn't able to do it until I got a new mobo/cpu: 2.6Ghz pIV, asus
microboard.

The next step is to add hardware controls via midi or whatever protocol
is recomended as the most efficient...

BTW, Does anyone know how much overhead MIDI or the other protocols add
to a system running at low latency?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.