Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Resume

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 11:13:01 EET

Rob wrote:
> On Sun March 12 2006 04:25, Loki Davison wrote:
>
>>I suspect they created google for just this reason.
>

> He's mostly looking for opinions from Linux audio users. It
> might have served him better to search the list archives, but I
> don't think Google would have gotten him anywhere.
>
> I've been reading this list for like 3 or 4 years now and I'd
> even like to hear answers to some of his questions. I may need
> an alternative to Zyn, for example, because my music shares a
> lot more themes with satanism than it does with christianity
> despite not being heavy metal, and while his license doesn't
> prohibit my use of it, his intent might.

I think you are right. This is one of the reasons why I use ZynAddSubFX
as much as possible. It is my rather ungrounded belief that NOP's
understanding of sound synthesis and spirituality makes ZynAddSubFX
unsuitable for making evil music to an extent that makes this rather
overly religious request unnecessary. It's nice of him to give due
warning, however and I am glad that the request is NOT part of the
license, as I (and everyone else here) _would_ have problems with that.

I don't subscribe to any religion, be it Christianity, Wicca or
whatever. I have my own relationship with God, which I express through
music, I'm happy with that. I have also studied most of the esoteric
theories about sound and music and frankly ZynAddSubFX is the only tool
that really gets down and cuts the mustard in my opinion.

It is also my opinion that if you really want to stroke satan's furry
hoof you'd be better off using Microsoft tools and try and get a deal
with one of the major record companies. Absolutely no irony intended
here, I'm fairly sure that this is not what you meant at all. Many
Christian Metal bands 'share themes' with Satanism, the fact that they
come to entirely different conclusions is what is relevant.

My attitude towards satanism is much the same as racism or sexism - I
defend everyone's right to discuss these issues, however if I thought
you were seriously advocating such a thing I would fight you every inch
of the way. Don't join the stupid club.

I hope it is also clear that I'm not having a go at you personally, you
just pushed one of my Big Red Buttons. ;)

cheers,

tim hall
/|\