[linux-audio-user] Re: What is currently the best USB audio interface for Linux?

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 06:33:52 EET

On 3/22/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 22:35 -0500, Dana Olson wrote:
> > Well, if price is not an issue, I suppose he could pay someone to
> > engineer a new kind of laptop with removable soundcards, similar to
> > PCI, but in a more compact fashion, and then he could use those?
>
> I think they have that, it's called "PCMCIA" and I completely forgot
> about it when posting my last message ;-)
>
> Lee

Is there a reason no pcmcia stuff was suggested? it seems in everyway
much better than usb. All the echo stuff seems well supported. Ranging
from the echo io to the layla/mona, though they need external power,
because they are somewhat huge.

The mona or layla24 would destroy all compeditors for all listed
things apart from being usb, and if battery only power is required. It
has mic and instrument pre's and great fidelity. Also 8 in 8 out plus
adat is more than anything usb can do. I'd go it for sure if money
wasn't an issue. http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/CardBus/

I use a griffin imic with my machine, but then again i'm a poor bum.

Loki