[linux-audio-user] Partitioning for audio

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 09:03:19 EET

Hello all,

I'm about to build a machine strictly for recording audio. I've
looked around the web for suggestions on how to partition the disks,
and have found a lot of useful information. At the risk of beating a
dead horse, I would like to get some suggestions from this list as to
how you partition your disks.

A little background - recording will be simple, nothing major, and
mostly for my own enjoyment. It is doubtful that any of it will see
the light of day. Mastering will be minimal. The machine will have
two hard disks, so I will need to spread out the work between the two.
 Finally, I'll be running Ubuntu. Not sure what audio interface yet,
though.

Bottom line, this is for personal use on a not-optimal machine, but I
want to make the best of it and learn in the process.

To Dana - we need to post a summary of these responses on the Ubuntu
Studio website. Might be helpful to those like me in the future.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com