Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] VxPocket and hotplug - need help getting it working

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 20:55:50 EEST

Hi Tim,

tim hall wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 09:25:16AM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>>> I just want to add that I think there's room and need for another
>>> layer of support programmer/developer/code-maintainer to serve as a
>>> buffer and conduit between users and upstream developers. As has been
>>> said, this is often the distro maintainers' job. It's where I think I
>>> see myself heading and is the role I'm currently playing at RFA. I
>>> don't think I'll ever have the ability to keep on top of bleeding
>>> edge development the way developers like Lee do. On the other hand I
>>> think (hope?) I have the aptitude for, and certainly know I have the
>>> interest in, acquiring the skills needed to help service that middle
>>> ground between the bleeding edge and a stable end-user platform.
>> DeMuDi could most certainly use you in such a role.
> Yeah, I might put it a bit stronger than that. :)
> Please consider joining:
> debian-multimedia@email-addr-hidden

I've been lurking there for some time. I would very much like to have
much more time to participate than I currently am able to give. :(

> We seem to be building a 'Debian multimedia strike force' or something
> like that here. Debian actually has a relatively small number of
> multimedia/audio devs and it is necessary for non-DDs to take on a
> considerable amount of the work. Debian-multimedia can effectively
> co-maintain or sponsor NMUs, which I think is what we're doing with the
> new version of Rosegarden4. It's early days yet. Debian-multimedia seems
> to be a good meeting point for DeMuDi, UbuntuStudio and pure Debianites
> to work from. There is some very interesting potential here and it would
> be great to have you on board.

It would be great to be on board. I'm hoping that after LAC2006 my
schedule might open up a bit so I can dedicate more time to the
community. I can't promise anything, yet, though, much as I would like
to ...

-ERic Rz.