Re: [linux-audio-user] Jacklaunching bristol

From: James McDermott <jamesmichaelmcdermott@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 11:56:09 EEST

> At the moment the Oberheim emulations are being finnished off, and
> then the next work should be jack, largely due demand.

If it's not already been considered, may I suggest DSSI support
*instead of* Jack? It shouldn't be any more difficult, and it gets you
a lot more flexibility: any DSSI synth can be set up to run
automatically as a standalone Jack synth, and it also allows the synth
to run inside Rosegarden and Om (and more).

I'm really looking forward to the new Bristol, whatever it supports...

James