Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux for live performance

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 06:38:41 EEST

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:05:34 -0500
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with anything from these folks?
> http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html

As a matter of fact, I do. I have an LC2210DE that has an overheating
issue. The CPU gets so hot, the machine turns itself off with some cutoff
on the board itself.. It's really frustrating for my wife, since it's her
machine.

I have an ongoing ticket with LinuxCertified. They said there was a kernel
bug, but a kernel upgrade and hours spent on tweaking cpuspeed and laptop
stands haven't cured the problem. When the system shuts down, it's a hard
shutoff at high extended CPU usage, like the prelink process run from cron.
Nothing's logged, there's no sign of it being shut down orderly by acpi.

Next step is an RMA, the story unfolds.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@email-addr-hidden