Re: [linux-audio-user] Saving LADSPA FX chains in Ardour

From: David Haggett <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 11:22:30 EEST

On Monday 27 March 2006 21:47, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 09:17 +0100, David Haggett wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the answer, Brian. Unfortunately, having tried this I found
> > Jack-Rack to be a bit resource hungry and I got a few XRUNs even before I
> > started recording. I tried both using jack-rack as the track input and
> > as an insert, and the result was about the same.
>
> It should be impossible for Jack-Rack to cause xruns - this would be the
> fault of the plugins you have loaded. Did you load any that are
> described as non-RT safe? What kernel are you using?

I might have to take back my comment. I opened up jack-rack to see which
plugins I was using, and try as I might, I wasn't able to duplicate either
the high CPU utilisation, or the XRuns. A bit later on, the problem came
back.

I've also discovered that some of the plugins I've been using don't appear to
work for me today. I think I might have broken something, but don't have
time to dig deeper at the moment. I'll look again when I get back off
vacation.

For the record, I'm using 2.6.11.4-21.10 from SUSE 9.3 (which has the desktop
and bootsplash patches among others) patched and recompiled with realtime-lsm
using:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.12-rc4/2.6.12-rc4-mm2/broken-out/rt-lsm.patch

Thanks for your interest.

--