Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: mjoo 0.0.4 released

From: Thomas Kuther <gimpel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 01 2006 - 12:33:27 EEST

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:39:10 +0200
"Leonard \"paniq\" Ritter" <paniq@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> mjoo 0.0.4 has just been released.
>
> http://www.mjoo.org
>
> This is a big leap forward from 0.0.3, as I entirely reimplemented
> mjoo in Python, while keeping only the core dsp code in C++. The
> graphical subsystem is now powered directly by OpenGL, thus
> substantially faster on hardware accellerated video cards.
>
> What you can do with this release is use mjoo as a mixer for jack. You
> can add port cells to the view by right clicking into the mjoo window
> and picking an object type from the context menu. Use e.g.
> QJackCtl (http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/) to connect other apps to
> mjoo and vice versa. Middle-click-drag resizes the cells. By moving a
> cell over another cell, the smaller cell has an influence on the
> larger cell. e.g. move a small "in"-cell over a larger "out"-cell.
> "in" will be routed to "out". The amplitude of the signal depends on
> how much of "in" is enclosed by "out".
>
> You can use the Ctrl key to select multiple cells.
>
> This release has also initial support for LADSPA plugins (DSSI plugins
> and serialization is supported but broken) and controllers. Click
> right on a LADSPA plugin in the view to bring up a new controller for
> it. I leave it up to you to find out how it works.
>

> --
> -- leonard "paniq" ritter
> -- http://www.mjoo.org
> -- http://www.paniq.org

Looks interesting!

I'm just trying to write a gentoo ebuild for it. Compile and install
works so far. But trying to run it, it complains about missing nedu.

└» /opt/mjoo/mjoo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/mjoo/mjoo.py", line 18, in ?
    import nedu
ImportError: No module named nedu

So just trying to write an ebuild for nedu, but i'm a bit lost without
some installation instructions for nedu. Any hints?

Regards
Tom