RE: [linux-audio-user] A couple of questions

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico.bukvic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 03 2006 - 22:39:07 EEST

Hi John (and others),

> 2. Sometime ago I registered opensourcemusic.info. It is very out of
> date, and a bit shabby really. I was hoping to turn it into a simple
> listings site for newbies. Perhaps have LAA mails autoposted. Anyone
> have any ideas what to do with it?

IMHO, consolidation of sites is probably better idea than further dilution
for the sake of minimizing outdated/incorrect documentation, dead links, as
well as providing one standardized, exhaustive, and (hopefully)
user-friendly resource.

> 3. I have been chatting with Gianluca who runs openjay about the idea of
> putting together a little award or prize for the LAU community. Perhaps
> for the years best project or individual. It wouldnt be too difficult to
> set up a poll which people can suggest a project/person and vote on it.
> I am unemployed at the moment, but happy to contribute some funds. I am
> sure many others would be. It is another oppurtunity to give something
> back. What do you think?

This is one of the things on the Linuxaudio.org's TODO list which will
hopefully materialize once we become incorporated and raise some funds. With
the board's blessing, other programs will include similar prizes for
artists, annual CD compilation, juried journal, etc.

Best wishes,

Ico