[linux-audio-user] A couple of questions

From: John Mulholland <johnmulholland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 18:12:38 EEST

Hello there,

Some of you may know me, I have posted in the past but have not had much
time to devote to FOSS music lately. I hope to find more time soon -
catching up on all the LAU mails is going to take quite a while. I have
a couple of questions. I guess the easiest way to reply would be to
alter the subject heading to reflect the question number. Then threads
can be kept seperate, and on topic.

1. Is there anywhere non programmers can suggest an application to be
developed? I am sure there are many non programmers with great ideas
lurking on this list.

2. Sometime ago I registered opensourcemusic.info. It is very out of
date, and a bit shabby really. I was hoping to turn it into a simple
listings site for newbies. Perhaps have LAA mails autoposted. Anyone
have any ideas what to do with it?

3. I have been chatting with Gianluca who runs openjay about the idea of
putting together a little award or prize for the LAU community. Perhaps
for the years best project or individual. It wouldnt be too difficult to
set up a poll which people can suggest a project/person and vote on it.
I am unemployed at the moment, but happy to contribute some funds. I am
sure many others would be. It is another oppurtunity to give something
back. What do you think?

4. This may be a little off topic. In fact it is, but I hope it is of
interest to people here. Apologies if not. Recently the Guardian
newspaper in the UK has started a campaign to make govt collected
information freely available. However, there approach is only free as in
beer, not also free as in speech. I have been blogging about this for a
while now and would appreciate some comments and support. You can read
about it all here http://www.midfieldmaestro.com/?p=121 .

Thanks for you time reading this, the wonderful software and the amazing
music posted. It makes catching up mails a pleasure :)

Regards,
John