Re: [linux-audio-user] A couple of questions

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 00:10:16 EEST

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 22:44 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > Depends on the definition of "usable", I guess. Do you think they
> > will include access to SCHED_FIFO out of the box?
>
> I think it's more than just that. It's even the preconfiguration of
> other parts of the system that makes musicians happy users of the
> specialized distros.

True, but until the generic distros provide a basic platform that RT
audio can work on, it's impossible to even fully describe the problem.

Maybe the specialized distros will be needed, maybe not - there's no
telling. It would certainly make their job easier to only have to build
userspace packages, rather than having to hack the kernel and glibc...

Lee