Re: Skype and LAU (Was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Skype + emu10k1)

From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 17:05:39 EEST

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 05:32, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>Gene Heskett hat gesagt: // Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I tend to disagree with this,
>Good. Disagreement makes the world go round.
>> after all skype is another form of audio usage that linux can do.
>> Since I have in effect 2 audio cards, the one on the motherboard,
>> not having near as many bells and whistles as the audigy 2 value, is
>> isolated for use with skype, and all other system sounds are routed
>> to the audigy. Someone on this list helped me achieve this, and
>> I'll be only too glad to help someone else in a similar endeavor.
>I think this is a slightly different issue. Getting two soundcards to
>run and play nice with different applications is a general linux audio

>I'm more targetting questions like: "Skype doesn't make any sound,
>what can I do?" The only answer we can give is: "Does aplay work? Yes?
>Then you may contact the upstream authors of Skype, and tell them to
>fix their bugs or better yet use a free software to deliver your free
>speech through the net."

Well, for a fact I have NDI if aplay works here or not, never tried it.
Does it do anything special that xmms or mplayer, tvtime, or skype
can't do?

As for contacting skype's authors, I assume its in the help menu. Never
felt the need to other than haveing to use skype_dsp_hijacker to run

Cheers, Gene
stupid bounce rules.  I do use spamassassin too. :-) and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
message by Gene Heskett are: