Skype and LAU (Was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Skype + emu10k1)

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 01:47:43 EEST

Hallo,
Lee Revell hat gesagt: // Lee Revell wrote:

> Is Skype for Linux really such a piece of crap, that it won't work with
> one of the best supported devices?

Sorry if my next words sound grumpy, it's not meant to be that grumpy
and of course it's not meant against you personally at all, rather to
start a discussion on the general topic "Skype and LAU":

In my opinion Skype questions are off-topic on this list. Any Skpe
questions should go directly to the Skype support team. The Skype
folks have made it clear that they don't want to deal with open source
developers and they won't support open standards, instead they promote
their proprietary system. I would prefer it if this mailing list would
not become a Skype support forum.

What do others think about this?

Ciao