[linux-audio-user] magic mastering tips needed

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 16:42:24 EEST

Hi

I have the following track:

http://www.atte.dk/at_slum_avenue.ogg

It's a recording of one of my tunes with my jazz quartet. The recording
quality leaves a bit to be desired. I hope some of you mastering gurus
would lend an ear, explain what you think should be done and in what
program, maybe someone could even find the time to generate an improved
file. At least I hope to learn a bit about digital audio and mastering
along the way.

A few notes:

A valid question would be "but how do you want it to sound?". Well, good
:-) At least I think it needs more high frequencies, more definition and
more presence.

Needless to say, I'm on a linux-only system, so any tools should be
linux stuff, but you probl. guessed that :-)

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte