Re: [linux-audio-user] Muse timing and Rosegarden crashing X

From: Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 18:17:08 EEST

Robert Jonsson wrote:

>Hi Hector,
>
>On Wednesday 05 April 2006 09:38, Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
>

>>Ok, I found the source of my problems with Rosegarden: the crash seems
>>to be related to using the Nvidia proprietary drivers (with the open
>>source driver it doesn't happen... maybe it is related to the kernel
>>with Real Time preemption patches that I'm using). The corrupted display
>>is gone in version 1.2.3 (sorry for not double checking this).
>>
>>The timing problem with Muse is still there...
>>

>How did you come to conclusion that MusE is too fast and Rg not too slow?
>I'm not saying that MusE is not in error but it's a valid question to help us
>understand.
>
>/Robert

Thanks Robert for your interest. The MIDI file I'm using for testing was
made in a windows system (using Cubase) so I have the tempo reference
from there. I played the music and I can hear that the tempo is faster
in Muse and is the right one in Rosegarden.

Regarding my problem with Rosegarden crashing X when scrolling, I found
that whenever I use the Nvidia proprietary driver it happens, and using
either a RT preempt kernel or in a non RT one (in the second one took a
little bit longer to make it crash).

Hector.