Re: [linux-audio-user] Regarding the file sharing site

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 11:42:13 EEST

On Thu, April 6, 2006 05:01, Dana Olson wrote:

> I know that the usefulness may be questionable for some of these, but I
> don't want to exclude something just because a few people won't use it.
> But if, for example, everyone agrees that QjackCtl or JAMin files are
> useless to share, then we can remove them.

I believe both JAMin and QjackCtl files might be shareable alright.

One reason that pops on my mind, which can be questionable of course, is
about disparate JACK soundcard setups. E.g. one user's qjackctl patchbay
most certainly references a multitude of alsa_pcm i/o ports that don't
match anyone else's, specially if it goes beyhond the common 2 channel
input/outputs (aka stereo).

Studio wiring setups might surely vary, but if you take the files as
templates I believe those are fairly shreable. Just don't take it as
working OOTB ;)

So, regarding the new site, one suggestion goes about the obvious: some
producer/user supplied descriptive content along with consumer/user
comments are a must-have feature. Ain't all those CMSeses doing it as a
de-facto standard? :)

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela