Re: [linux-audio-user] music engine

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 23:22:47 EEST

Hello,

I am looking for a library to integrate in an application too, but c/c++.
Interesting is sndobj by Victor Lazzarini

http://music.nuim.ie/musictec/SndObj/

who is also involved in csound development. It can do all the things you
mentioned below

Patrick Stinson schrieb:
> I've been looking for a high-performance music engine. It must have an
> asynchronous control (socket, pipe?) mechanism to seperate the
> application from the audio thread.
>
> I'm looking for:
>
> start/stop samples on the beat
> scaled tempo control across all samples
> volume
> effects?

except that it has no python bindings and I have difficulties to get it
running on my machines, but I contacted Victor already to figure out if
its just me.

On the paper it looked very well suited for your task, changing pitch
and speed of samples independently, either with granular synthesis like
Live or phasevocoder like -maybe, nobody knows- Rolands V-Synth.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner