[linux-audio-user] Looking for high quality samples for Linux

From: <stuff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 10:51:28 EEST

Well... after spending 2 week researching and building my hardware and
software and spending $1000 I have the following:

- Demudi 1.2.1
- AMD 3200 + XP (NVidea)
- 1 GB RAM
- M-Audio Audiophile 2494
- Yamaha P-70 keyboard
- Recompiled kernel with "Complete Preemption (Real-Time)" turned on
- Priorities set for my card and jack
- 0 XRUNS! Finally! That only took me a week!

I am at the stage now where I need to make my wife (the composer) happy. We
are looking for the best quality orchestra samples that we can run under
Linux. I have been referred to several samples that apparently cannot run in
Linux due to the fact that the sound is processed by Windows apps first and
the samples themselves do not sound that good.

What is our best route to take in solving our problem?

Thanks