Re: [linux-audio-user] Looking for midi libraries / dev and source example for playback

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 12:59:55 EEST

Hi!
  What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for a midi-library, to
write your own code, that can play/capture midi, or are you looking for
ready-made programs, that can do that, with source-code?
  If you're looking for a lib to write your own code there's the original
alsamidi api, Matthias Nagorni has written a small tutorial for midi and pcm.
  There a c++-library, which is called rtmidi, it is very small and as I heard
it is easy to use.
  The alsa-stuff you can get at http://www.alsa-project.org.
  Where you can find the rtmidi lib I don't remember, but it was posted here a
few weeks back.
  If you'relooking for already existing with source-code: again alsa is your
choice, there's the aplaymidi included, you can get rosegarden, timidity and
other midi-sequencers, have a look at:
  http://linux-sound.org
  for links to the mentioned software.
  Kindest regards