[linux-audio-user] linuxsampler question/feature request

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 13:19:41 EEST

  I've one question about linuxsampler and one plea for a new feature.
  1. Can linuxampler read and use .gig-files which include instruments bigger
than 2GB?
  2. Could you probably think about supporting a new sampler-format. I thought
of something simple:
  You have a text-configuration file and a lot of samples (.wav, aiff... etc),
which could probably done by libsndfile. I thought it would be simple to
implement something like it. I mean .gig-files and all other formats also
consist of those two parts: a) samples b) configuration-data. The only thing
is that it is separated. thus these instruments can be created by any
linux-user without a problem or special software.
  The text-config-file could be done as simple-text or with a simple xml-based
  What do you think about it? Would it be possible? Would you think it's a
fine idea, worth implementing? And would you probably be so kind as to spare
the time doing it. Unfortunitely I'm much to dumb writing it.
  Kindest regards

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net - the Linux TextBased Studio guide