Re: [linux-audio-user] Java and native MIDI ports

From: Adrien DANIEL <adrien.daniel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 15:05:11 EEST

torbenh@email-addr-hidden wrote :

> the virmidi device acts as a bridge between alsa-seq midi ports and
> raw-midi ports. These are two different flavours.
>
> You need to connect your app to the virmidi RAW ports,
> then connect the virmidi SEQ ports via aconnect or qjackctl or whatever
>
> although using aconnect seems easy if java has something like the
> system(3) call.

It is working ! Thank you very much !

So, what I did :
- I loaded snd-seq-virmidi ;
- idem for snd-virmidi ;
- In my app : now I can see virmidi RAW ports ;
- I connect natives apps to virmidi SEQ ports (in qjackctl, for example) ;
- In my app : I connect virmidi RAW ports as I want (via Transmitters
and Receivers of all my ports) ;
- Everything works !

Thank you again ! :)

Cheers,