Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LKML: Time to remove LSM

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 22:13:44 EEST

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 13:27 +0200, vlad wrote:
> i don't think this should be a discussion about changing the dists!!!
> moving to another distribution should be the last thing to do!
> and for better reasons then only a package that is newer or "better"
> or "easier" to handle.

Neither do I, but I made an offhand comment about it and the thread blew
up for some reason.

>From a developers perspective this issue was solved a year and a half
ago. All I meant to say was that if your distro has still not caught up
then it might be an indication they don't consider realtime audio an
important use of their system and you may want to consider alternatives.

Of course if you are a n00b and it took you a week to even get Linux
working then changing distros is not a good idea!

Lee