Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour sound output problems

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 16:46:02 EEST

On Thursday 20 April 2006 14:19, Joe Hartley was like:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:43:23 +0100
>
> tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > Which plugins are you using in the session?
> >
> > I use TAP plugins and SC4 a lot. :|
>
> A datapoint here - I've been running into a lot of plugin/denormal issues
> on some sessions I've been working on. I'll run a playback, and when I
> hit stop, the system load would end up at 90-95%, and dropped to about 15%
> when I hit play again.
>
> I traced it to some EQ plugins, one from the swh collection that's part
> of the Planet CCRMA distribution and another (3 band parametric) from the
> TAP collection. When I substituted a different (and less flexible) EQs,
> the problem went away.

OK, that does seem to explain some of my issues. It does not explain my 3
minute recording window, as that happens even with no plug-ins. However, the
fact that I am running on only 320M RAM may have something to do with that.

I see that the ardour site has a lot more information on it than the last time
I looked, so there is plenty of material and potential clues to come.

Thanks for all the pointers so far. It has really eased my sense of
frustration. :)

--
cheers,
tim hall