[linux-audio-user] Doing Drums

From: BJaY <BJaY@email-addr-hidden-mail.net>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 01:45:13 EEST

I trying to figure out a method of doing contemporary drums, where I can
edit in a matrix like environment but then get separate Jack outputs for
each drum to allow for DSP'ing. I currently use Rosegarden synced to Ardour.
Rosegarden will not allow splitting notes to different channels - though
Muse does, but that means I have to run both (I don't know if they'll play
happy together). I revisited hydrogen again recently, but it won't load gig
or sf2, as far as I can see (Has some nice kits though). I like the idea of
using Linuxsampler to do drums but I can't see a way of directing one drum
to one engine / output and another to another. I feel like there is a simple
solution here that I'm missing, it must be a very common requirement in
digital audio. Anyone got any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Bruce.