Re: [linux-audio-user] Doing Drums

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 23:04:12 EEST

Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> it does allow for seperation of interfaces and tasks.

What do you mean?. You using any other interfaces?

> Why embed a drum sequencer if you can just send all your data via
> jack?

Embed what in what?. Send data via JACK?

I don't think we communicate;). The separation of the UI and the core
means that the core is implemented as a daemon and the UI, in this
case the hydrogen GUI you use, is just a interface to operate the
daemon. You would then be able to operate the hydrogen daemon in many
interesting ways.

I'm sorry, but if I'm not understanding you correctly, please correct
me.

In any case, this has nothing to do with JACK.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m