Re: [linux-audio-user] Digigram VX Pocket firmware help

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 10:30:34 EEST

Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 07:04:19PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
>>On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 10:59 +1200, Hamish Low wrote:
>>>Have you already tried re-compiling the
>>>kernel?
>>This was covered in a previous thread that ended with no resolution - we
>>tried everything. No luck.
>>I think the next step is to try it in another laptop with a different
>>chipset if possible - it could be an issue at the kernel PCMCIA layer.
> I actually had a go at this, but DeMuDi wouldn't even install at the
> laptop I had available. (Which is kind of strange, since I have had
> Linux installed on a very similar laptop earlier.) I did not have the
> time to look closer into it, though.
> I think I have mentioned it before, but if you, Lee, could find the time
> to take a look at my laptop in Karlsruhe, I would be grateful.
> Although Takashi reports that the card works, it does not seem that it
> is easy to get working for those of us less skilled. Which is a pity,
> and a situation that should be remedied. It is a good card, and in my
> opinion probably one of the best solutions for portable audio.

I mentioned a while back that RFA might have some of these. Nobody
seemed to know where they were at first, but then one showed up on my
desk. I haven't had time to work with it, but, if it will be useful to
have another specimen for testing in Karlsruhe I can run into the office
this morning and grab it before I leave for Germany.

-Eric Rz.