Re: [linux-audio-user] Digigram VX Pocket firmware help

From: Asbjørn Sæbø <asbjs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 10:15:48 EEST

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 10:59:01AM +1200, Hamish Low wrote:
> Asbjørn wrote> DeMuDi is Debian-based. And Debian does not ship
> proprietary firmware.
> Did you get the firmware from elsewhere?
>
> The vxpocket modules are in Alsa 0.9.1 onward. I downloaded the latest
> stable ALSA files from one of the alsa mirrors and tried to follow the
> instructions. I've also just realised that I was trying to follow the
> instructions on for the VXpocket 440 when I have the VXpocket V2. The
> ALSA Soundcard page only links to the 440 page - though it looks like
> the instructions are the same. Have you already tried re-compiling the
> kernel?

I tried with the then (about a month ago) most recent kernel and the
most recent ALSA, but did not get things to work. One of the remaining
possibilities is that there is something weird with my computer.

(I feel about the same as the time I spent a week trying to get my
computer screen to work at 1400x1050 (which it was sold as, and which
other computers of that type had), just to discover in the end that it
actually was a 1024x768.)

Asbjørn