Re: [linux-audio-user] How can PC + external amps become whole house audio system ?

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Sat Apr 29 2006 - 22:27:16 EEST

"Robert Rozman" <rozman@email-addr-hidden-lj.si> writes:

> advice

You should take one problem at a time if you expect to get help.

> when internet voice call comes in, then I connect to certain channel
> on audio card for certain room (route two way audio stream that
> comes from Internet to certain audio destination/source

This is an asterisk/openpbx/freeswitch and JACK problem. First you
need to get a VOIP client that uses JACK. The only one with native
support is linphone and it's not doing well. You could also try ALSA
JACK problem, though it does not work at 96kHz or the oss2jack app for
OSS VOIP apps. In any case, you first should learn to use a PBX.

> when watching TV (sound going to some audio card output), speech
> synthesis would like to announce something (I'd like to volume down
> TV audio and mix speech, and then go with TV volume to normal level)

This is a ducking problem. Check out f.ex om or supercollider.

> from one room I'd like to talk to another

VOIP is the best solution for this. Too bad we ain't got FLAC support,
or even vorbis for VOIP.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m