Re: [linux-audio-user] Progress

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 12:05:21 EEST

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 09:19:14PM +0100, Folderol wrote:

> It is a real struggle for me to achieve anything at all with this. I
> seem to have a complete musical deaf spot when it comes to percussion
> and have to do a lot of work for many hours to get anything even
> remotely presentable. The result is it always tends to sound rather
> laboured.

Well, if you want to do nice drums, you have to practice. Starting with a
drum pattern is easier than adding it later on.

Using chromatic sounds in a very groove oriented way, that is playing them
almost like percussion, might help you.

But otherwise ... don't do it if it's all work and no fun. You managed
to make some very nice drum-less tracks ;)

Best,
Thorsten Wilms