Re: [linux-audio-user] Smack 0.3 Released.

From: Sunnan <sunnan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 19:57:15 EEST

tim hall wrote:

>OK, so I'm out on a limb here. It's just that the only colloquial usage of the
>word 'smack' round these parts is drug abuse and violence. Perhaps I've just
>seen too much of both. I know full well what GIMP means, but I find it mildly
>amusing, perhaps because I'm naive when it comes to s&m.

Gimp is not only an S&M term for a submissive in a leather suit; it's
also a historical synonym for a person with crippled legs. I think it's
a horrible name and I've often taken steps to pronounce the acronym
fully; e.g. "GNU Image Manipulation Program". I love the program, by the
way. I've must've used it over a thousand times by now.

Smack would've been a better name if it weren't for the less ambiguous
slogan; "A new fetish in Linux audio".

YMMV on all above topics, of course.

Sunnan