Re: [linux-audio-user] Smack 0.3 Released.

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 13:13:27 EEST

On Saturday 29 April 2006 05:17, Loki Davison was like:
> Smack 0.3 is now out. Smack is a drum synth, 100% sample free. It's
> built with LADSPA plugins and the Om modular synth. 11 new drums in
> this release thanks to contributions from Thorsten Wilms. These are
> mostly covering a harder sound though include some nice metallic
> percussion, shakers and snares.
> You need cvs om to use this release.
> Get it at http://smack.berlios.de/

Please don't take this as a massive flame or anything, it is merely intended
as feedback. I have not tried your application yet, largely I realise because
I find the name you have chosen for the project utterly repellant. The word
has no positive connotations for me at all. I wonder if more people would
try, what otherwise appears to be a very cool idea, if you used a name that
sounded more appealing?

Compare the phrases "Now I'm going to teach you how to use a GIMP mask"
and "Those drums would sound better on smack". I'm being deliberately ironic
here, but my serious point is how do they make you feel?

--
cheers,
tim hall