Re: [linux-audio-user] Smack 0.3 Released.

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 17:53:03 EEST

On Wed May 3 2006 06:13, tim hall wrote:
> Compare the phrases "Now I'm going to teach you how to use a
> GIMP mask" and "Those drums would sound better on smack". I'm
> being deliberately ironic here, but my serious point is how do
> they make you feel?

I had a lover who was a heroin addict and contracted HIV through
shared needles and later died. (No, I'm not trolling or being
facetious; I just don't have time to write how it affected me or
how my life changed.) Nonetheless, "smack" still means "the
sound something makes when you hit it" to me, and not "street
term for heroin."

I think it's a fine name. (I don't feel that way about the
Gimp.) Maybe if we get some other people whose lives have been
impacted by heroin to chime in, the question will be settled
quickly one way or the other.

Rob