Re: [linux-audio-user] My MIDI latency is crap

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 16:28:03 EEST

On 5/4/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> The latency between what and what? Playing the keyboard, using the seq
> to play back a midi file...? Please explain exactly what you're doing.

Okay, you're right, should have been more specific. I have the local
turned off on my keyboard, so that when I play a note on the keyboard,
the MIDI signal passes through MusE, and back to my keyboard's sound
generator. The latency I'm referring to is the time between pressing
a key on my keyboard and hearing the actual sound. It's a pretty bad
lag.

> What's the "RD"?

Roland RD-700SX, my keyboard/MIDI controller.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com