[linux-audio-user] Re: Smack 0.3 Released.

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 04:23:48 EEST

On 5/6/06, Denis Alessandro Altoe Falqueto <denisfalqueto@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 5/5/06, Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Rob escribe:
> > > It'd be like calling a KDE image editor "kike". (Don't know if
> > > that's a naughty word over there too, but it is here.)
> >
> > In Spain, "kike" is diminutive for people called "enrique", an
> > affective way to call them.
> >

> I was tempted to say this many times before in this thread, but was a
> little shy: in brazilian portuguese, the pronounce of Khagan means
> plainly defacating, in coloquial speak. I have nothing against it, let
> that be clear! But the first time I read it in the announce message, I
> lol and thought what Loki would say if he knew that... Well, now he
> knows... :-)
>
> Hi, Loki, you are a great maker of names!!!

Arrrg! ;) Choose a pretty much random word and you seem certain to end
up with something dodgy. Great, my projects end up meaning drugs and
crap. I was listening to lots of reggae when i decided on the name and
something that pretty much means king of kings seemed pretty cool.
Mongolia rocks in obscure way anyway.

I'm pretty happy about all the noise about smack/khagan anyway maybe
now i can get someone submitting bug reports/feature requests or
patches? ;) The smack bug page is looking a little lonely with zero
bugs. Same for features... ;)

Loki