Re: [linux-audio-user] YASQ: Soundfonts and Audigy

From: Bert Visser <bourdon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 17:21:54 EEST

paul wisehart schreef:
>> The Live! cards have a 32 MB limit no matter how much system memory you
>> have, so for this one you will need an Audigy card.
>>

> Thanks, is there somewhere I can read up on the details of this issue?
> I might buy an audigy card just to get the bigger soundfont capability,
> but it would be *only* for that reason so I wanna make sure I get the
> right audigy card.
>
> thanks,
>
> --
> paul w

I have to correct myself; it looks like the 32 MB limit as mentioned in
Creative's knowledgebase is only with the original Windows driver. In
my machine - a dual boot WinXP / FC4 - I have an Audigy and a Live! card
and on the WinXP side with the driver from the kxproject I can easily
load much, much more on the Live! card than just 32 MB. In Linux, when
font is loaded and usable. This happens on both the Audigy and on the
Live. So I guess this means that in your case there probably is another
problem which won't be solved by getting an Audigy card.

Could you try the PC51f.sf2 soundfont and see if this one loads without
messages? You can get it at http://www.personalcopy.com/home.htm (ca. 51 MB)

Sorry for the initial misinformation.

Regards,
Bert