Re: [linux-audio-user] YASQ: Soundfonts and Audigy

From: paul wisehart <listreader@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 17:52:09 EEST

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 04:21:54PM +0200, Bert Visser wrote:

> load much, much more on the Live! card than just 32 MB. In Linux, when
> font is loaded and usable. This happens on both the Audigy and on the
> Live. So I guess this means that in your case there probably is another
> problem which won't be solved by getting an Audigy card.
>
> Could you try the PC51f.sf2 soundfont and see if this one loads without
> messages? You can get it at http://www.personalcopy.com/home.htm (ca. 51 MB)

Thanks for the update. I just tried FLuid on my friend's Audigy machine
(linux), and got the same results as you. The "no memory left" error
came up, but I *was* able to use the font just fine.
(I just used pmidi on some random piano type midi file.)

I'm downloading the PC51f.sf2 soundfont now, and will try it when I get
home.

thanks,

--
paul w